At The Bedonwell Federation, we care about the wellbeing of both our pupils and staff and we are always looking for ways that we can help support our school family. Bedonwell Infant and Nursery School worked incredibly hard to achieve the Wellbeing Award in July 2019.
This whole-school award focuses on ensuring effective practice and provision is in place that promotes the emotional wellbeing and mental health of both staff and pupils.
The award has a focus on changing the long-term culture of a school, and embedding an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
With this award, schools can:
- Show their commitment to promoting mental health as part of school life
- Improve the emotional wellbeing of their staff and pupils
- Ensure mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offer provision and interventions that matches the needs of its pupils and staff
- Engage the whole-school community in the importance of mental health awareness
- Capture the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health
We have worked hard on our journey to achieve this award for the benefit of our children and families.
Please see our policies below to see how we are supporting the wellbeing of our children:
In 2019-20, Bedonwell Junior School took part in an Anna Freud Wellbeing research programme. Please click below to see our certificate and letter of thanks from the DFE: