Starting Nursery in September 2020
We are delighted that you and your child are joiningThe Bedonwell Federation this coming September. On behalf of the staff, governors, children and parents, it gives us great pleasure to welcome you and your family to our school family.
We hope that the information on this page will answer many of the questions that you have about your child starting Nursery with us in September. We will write to you in the coming weeks with further details about your child’s induction and nursery session information.
SOME SUGGESTIONS OF THINGS YOU CAN DO AT HOME WITH YOUR CHILD
- Talk to them, listen to them and answer their questions.
- Regularly share books, both story and information. Ask questions about what they have read. Talk about the pictures.
- Visit the local library regularly.
- Read aloud to them; let them see you reading.
- Teach them a variety of nursery and other rhymes.
- Help them to hold a pencil properly once they start to use one.
- Provide a variety of paper and mark making materials to make marks/patterns on.
- Praise and encourage their early efforts at drawing and patterning.
- Let them see you writing in a variety of situations.
- Play board games to help with counting, turn-taking and number recognition.
- Look for different numbers in everyday situations.
- Help with the using of scissors to cut correctly and then be able to follow simple straight lines and then along curved ones.
- Encourage and help them to become independent- dressing, toileting etc.
- Help them to use a knife and fork correctly.
Please click below to see our School Prospectus which contains further information: